Friday, April 13, 2012

Flutes, get ya flutes hehre!

Another day off from work, leaves me with idle time, and since I've just put the ingredients of sun-dried tomato and asiago cheese bread into the machine, I thought I'd write. Remember yesterday how I mentioned that I'm pretty sure I'm getting dementia, well there were a few things I forgot to discuss in yesterday's blog entry. They are as follows:

1) Ann-ette, the Huxtable's dining room wasn't upstairs, it was attached to the kitchen and separated by sliding wooden doors, but I totally think if it's at all possible, one should have a dumb waiter in their house. PS and by the way, isn't that the name of a Pinter play that we had to watch at ACTF one year...which then reminds me of Handball....and then that makes me want to sell you some flutes.

2) I successfully made a from-scratch bread yesterday. I made a loaf of raisin bread, since Christopher likes it. It turned out ok...a little drier than I would have liked, but I borrowed a book from the library that helps new bread enthusiasts trouble shoot potential bread making problems. I generally have a "No Library Books" policy, since I have a problem with the germs. But I'm trying to overcome it and figure it might actually help my son not become like Howard Hughes.

3) Speaking of library books...I'm reading a book called Dear Me and it's a collection of letters stars and activists have written to their 16 year old selves. It makes me wonder if I could write a letter to 16 year old me what would I tell her. Instinctually, you want to warn her and tell her who to avoid and what choices to make, but then you think if you did that, her life would be vastly different and would 16 year old you go on to be the 33 year old you are now. I think ultimately the only thing I'd warn her about is the whole Scott relationship, as I don't think it did much for improving my life or being a very good teachable moment....I'd also tell her to stop dressing like a third grade teacher!

4) Speaking of Scott....he sent me a text a few days ago. I guess my polite requests for him to leave me alone were just "suggestions" as this is the second time he's done this to me. I've long since forgotten his number and haven't spoken to him in over 2 years. Hans says he texted because boys don't like to burn bridges. I don't know. I don't understand. We're not friends. He doesn't get the privilege of sending me a text out of the blue and asking how I am. The whole thing just makes me upset.

5) Hans and I have signed up for our motorcycle riding class. It starts in June and after two weekends, we'll be hell on wheels....or maybe scared on wheels would be a more accurate description! Christopher has already found me a little cafe style racer bike, that gets good reviews for being a good starter bike, so needless to say, I've VERY excited! Hans and I have been wanting to learn to ride bikes for a long time, so it's good to finally get to it. Anybody want to join our biker gang?!

No comments: