Sunday, June 17, 2012

I once caught a fish and it was thiiiiiiiis big!

I finished Perks of Being a Wallflower.  Meh.  Don't forget to add repressed childhood molestation to the list of teen-angst cliches found in the book.  Do you ever get finished with a book that's been "critically acclaimed" and think to yourself, "I don't get what all the fuss is about.  Does this mean I'm not an intellectual because I'd much rather be reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?"

We went over to the in-law's house for a Father's Day brunch this morning.  I made homemade cinnamon rolls, if anybody wants the recipe let me know, they're surprisingly easy to make and quite tasty.  Christopher's mom commented to me that I have the shapely figure of a teenager.  It just made me think about when I was an actual teenager and I was less shapely and more chunky.  I thanked her, as it's always nice for any lady to hear she's "shapely"!

My sister Krista is living in San Francisco and has a blog where she posts pictures of all the different places she visits on walks around the city.  Just a collection of moments in time from her life there.  I'm really proud of her for moving some place on her own and creating a life for herself.  It makes me a little envious....but it also reminds me of the time we went to San Francisco for ACTF and we got our pictures drawn my the tiny Chinese man on Fisherman's Wharf and Phillip's picture had a five o'clock shadow and chest hair!

Gavin and Christopher went fishing this week.  This was only the second time Gavin had ever gone fishing and he was VERY excited about going.  I, unfortunately, had to work, so I wasn't there when Gavin caught his first fish!  Every time he tells the story, the fish gets a little bit bigger, but it was a Rainbow Trout and he caught it on the last cast of the day.  Evidently they have bait that is essentially a marshmallow, but instead of tasting of marshmallow, it tastes like fish and Rainbow Trout think it's delicious.  Hannah then asked the very philosophical question that if the worlds were transposed and fish were catching humans, what would be the bait they used to catch us.  I proposed donuts, as everybody likes donuts.  Or perhaps beef jerky, because I'm pretty sure if you took a poll, 99% of all humanity would agree that beef jerky is the shit!

And Ann-ette two things:  1) The entire world we live in is a toxin-rich environment...if the artificial sweeteners don't get us, something else will, so enjoy the shit out of those Red Bulls (although, I have to say, I don't know how you can drink them, they give me the worst tummy ache).  2)  Gavin would be an excellent big brother for Grayzilla....they could chase each other around the house and do "boy stuff" together...granted that "boy stuff" may involve mild explosives or playing Wii until their eyeballs fall out of their heads...so if you don't have a problem with that, then you've got yourself a play date!

2 comments:

annette said...

I actually have to stop myself from telling you how much I love you after reading every one of your posts. Then I think, why stop myself?

I love you so much, in all your wise and hilarious glory.

I have such great taste in friends.

Kristiana said...

I read those smarty-pants books and thought "Perks of Being a Wallflower" sucked. I have no idea why everyone thinks it's so great.