Sunday, April 12, 2009

Is there such a thing as a Peeps hangover...'cause I think I might have one

Those little plastic Easter eggs have infiltrated my house. Hans played Easter Bunny this year and to say she went a little overboard would be an understatement. I'm sure it's gonna take the kid a few weeks to get through all the candy!

Gavin starts outdoor soccer tomorrow with his first practice. I'm not exactly sure how they convince a group of six years old to stay focused enough for practice or how they're going to convince Mother Nature to cooperate, although, I must say, today was lovely...but I have the sinking suspicion that it's going to get cold again and then all of a sudden it will be 900 degrees...ahhhh, the transition from Spring to Summer in Cache Valley!

And Kevin, thanks for taking the wind out of my motorbike sails! Granted, there is the distinct possibility that I'll go to take my first class, have a minor panic attack, lay the bike down and then decide maybe motorbikes aren't for me after all...but a girl's gotta try, right?!

I've been thinking lately and I've decided I don't think I want to have another relationship of a romantic nature again. I don't think this little heart of mine could handle another break-up and I don't think I could ever knowingly inflict this kind of soul-crushing pain on another person. Hans said that some relationships just end, mutually and amicably, but who wants to risk it? No. I think I'm going to happily put on my Spinster hat and wear it with pride.

3 comments:

annette said...

Family History: Varied as far as early/late babies go. Not much help there.

Baby Dropping: Check

Voodoo Priestess: No, but I am drinking copious amounts of raspberry red leaf tea.

It's a crapshoot, Amander, just make a guess!

I support spinsterhood and the quest for love. Whatever makes you happy. Except for the motorcycle--I can't support that. Do I need MLC to scare you straight with some stories from the ER???

Kristiana said...

I asked Jacob about the motorcycle thing and he said he'd be willing to teach you this summer. You could learn on a cool BMW bike!

Kevin Doyle said...

As the old saying goes, love'll hit you when you're not looking.

Just go with it when it does, and let it take its sweet time, no pushing.

- advice from love guru, Dr. Kevo