Monday, February 15, 2010

The square root of Height times weight divided by 3131

Annette, I've sat down numerous times with the intention of writing a new blog and just haven't felt as thought I've had anything new or exciting to report, but seeing how you're holding my email hostage, I've collected a few tidbits to share with all of you.

1. My father took my son to see Monster Jam. Yep. An afternoon spent watching Monster trucks compete against each other. I've been told that there were a few "oh, yeahs" and some fist pumps involved. He came home with a hat that resembled the Monster Jam truck Gravedigger. I'll have to learn how to post pictures because the hat is kinda awesome!

2. I am officially half way through my Drug Dosage & Calculations class. We learned in class last week how to determine a dosage based on someone's body weight and body surface area! As nerdy as it sounds, I'm REALLY enjoying the class and get excited to learn new stuff every week. I'm also 1/3 of the way through my physiology class and I have to say I think it's my favorite of all the "body" classes I've had to take. It's amazing to finally know all the mysteries of the body and why your legs burn when you run too long or why your nose runs when it's cold outside.

3. I'm writing this blog from my newly acquired laptop! I know! I just joined the 21st century. After doing a little research and talking with Flood, I ended up buying a MacBook. I've named him Benny and use it to do homework and listen to my physiology lectures. I'm still getting acquainted with all the quirks, but so far I'm liking it a lot.

4. Lillith, take heart, Gavin was not a napper AT ALL. We used to call him "Edison baby" because the story goes that Thomas Edison would only sleep 4 hours a night because he had other things he'd rather be doing, so it sounds to me as though you have yourself an Edison Baby!! I know exactly what it feels like to be so tired you want to cry, but hang in there, it gets easier...

5. I've been watching the Olympics. I have to say that it makes me unbelievably nervous for the competitors. I mean, their whole lives have been about training for this moment and in just a second all that hard work can be destroyed....it's like the anxiety I feel for Cash Cab, but 900 times worse, but I still watch it....and, I'd really like to talk to the designer of the Japanese women's speed skating uniform....a gold lame unitard? Really? You really think that's the most flattering and attractive look?

Ok, Annette, did I earn my email now?

1 comment:

The Bears said...

Thanks Amanda! I see his eyes start to close and I hold my breath, but then they pop wide open, as if to say... Fooled ya again Mom.