Saturday, March 10, 2012

Me-Ouch!

Gavin has a friend at school who likes to pretend to be a cat. He has consequently given her the nickname "Kittens," which the entire class has adopted. The other day his teacher alerted the class that Kittens had fallen out of a tree and broken her collarbone and they would be making her get-well cards. Gavin described his get-well card as follows: On the front there was a picture of a tree with a frowny face and a picture of a cat, laying on its back with its little paws in the air, also wearing a frowny face, and the words "Me-Ouch" on the top of the card. On the inside of the card he had written "I guess cats don't always land on their feet."

The Boys have gone off on a boy adventure to the Harley Davidson shop and then to get chicken wings. They invited me to come with them, but I think secretly they were hoping I'd say no. I did say no, as there is now no one else in the house and I'm sitting at the table drinking a cup of chai in absolute and complete blissful quiet.

I was recently informed a few days ago that Gavin would need to put a presentation together for his school's History Fair next month. Yes. That's right. Another presentation. I rallied hard for The Bubonic Plague, but he refused to even consider it and is doing a presentation instead on The Crusades. How he doesn't want to do a report on the Black Death is beyond me....it's The BLACK DEATH, what's cooler than that?!!

I'm also watching ANTM British Invasion!! It's too early to tell what I think, but I feel like I might be breaking up with it after this season, as the girls are all starting to look like girls from previous seasons and I'm getting tired of the caricature of the Plus-Sized sassy black girl, the Country Bumpkin, the Fierce Latina, the white girl from the trailer park who is mean to everyone because she's insecure...it's starting to get old. But I probably won't, because I've watched every cycle since the first one and Tyra and Nigel and Makeovers always pull me back in!

And Ann-ette, you MUST get on Good Reads, it's like Reading Rainbow, but for grown-ups! We can be friends and talk about books. I know I'd be a poor man's LeVar Burton, but I promise I'll end every conversation with "But don't take My word for it....."

No comments: