Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hello. My Name's Amanda. And I'm a Twilight-holic.

I will be the first to admit that deep inside, I am a 14 year old girl....in addition to being a 14 year old girl, I am also a spazz AND a dork. Now all three things can make a lethal combination, when, you are, in fact, a 29 year old woman with a 5 year old son and should, in theory, NOT be a Dorky-Spazz Teen. I will also admit to being a Twilight Dorky-Spazz.

I blame Annette entirely.

Gavin and I went for a walk to Borders today so that I could buy a book that I already own, because THIS one had a sneak peek at the first chapter of the next book in the series...that's right....I spent a portion of my hard earned tax stimulus check on one chapter and some iron-on transfers. But in my own defense, I'm helping the economy and bringing a little joy into my life all at the same time....and at least I didn't Spazz out and squeal like a tween when I reserved my copy of Breaking Dawn...back-patting should begiiiiiiiin, NOW! It was nice, though, to spend a little time outside, enjoying the sunny weather with my kid. We had a nice discussion about stop signs and clouds that looked like fish and the occasional stop to get rocks out of his shoes. The highlight of the short trek was his Borders themed joke...allow me to recreate it, if I may....ahem...

Him: We're going to the bookstore?
Me: Uh-huh. The Borders.
Him: No wonder they call it Borders, because I'm always bored there. (pause waiting for laugh) Get it? Borders. Bored. Get it?!!

I don't know which was funnier, the joke (which I did think was quite funny and clever and I had a good laugh at), the look on his face when he realized that he had made a play on words and that it was funny, or the fact that he said "Get it?" because that's something I say quite often in an attempt to make people think my lame jokes are humorous...and just so you don't think I'm a bad, selfish mom, Gavin got a few books himself....I'm not quite sure WHY he needed yet another dinosaur book, but I figured it couldn't hurt....and I'm an old pro at pronouncing dinosaur names now....Aegyptosaurus, Spinosaurus, Charcartosaurus, Paralititan Stomeri...done & done....

Well, I think I shall end this blog. I have a chapter to re-read for the 3rd time and some iron-on transfers to take care of.

1 comment:

Kristiana said...

Holy moly, that borders joke is better than the time Gavin explained what sarcasm was to me. To me! I love you!