Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fit and Trim

Well, it's Wednesday. Wednesday tends to be a good day, for several reasons.

1. It's the middle of the week. Which means the weekend, and spending the entirety of it in my pajamas, is only 2 days away.

2. It's Midweek Madness on Jezebel. A recap of all the weekly tabloids without actually having to buy any of them....I mean, who has $3 to spend on the magazine that says Kristen Stewart is pregnant with Rob Pattinson's baby?!

3. It's the one day of the week that I don't make myself do homework. I give myself Wednesdays off, or I'll get anatomy burn-out.

4. It's So You Think You Can Dance night!!! Oh friends. I simply adore this show. Although I'm not as attached to the dancers this season as I was to last season(Joshua! Katie! Twitch! Gev!), I still get nerdily excited to see what everybody is going to dance. I developed a bit of a dance crush on Jason after this evening's performances. He kinda came out of no where for me. Maybe it's because I wasn't terribly fond of Caitlin and would often glaze over when they would dance as partners for the first few weeks. It will be interesting to see who gets the axe tomorrow.

Oh, while I'm talking about tv....so there's a new show coming to Fox called "More to Love." I keep seeing the commercials for it during SYTYCD. Essentially it's The Bachelor for fatties. Yep. A collection of overweight women are competing to win the love of one portly gentleman. Now. Usually I would be very "hooray" about something like this....I think it's time that society realizes that women are all shapes and sizes and non-size 2s deserve a chance at happiness and love. However, this show doesn't seem like that at all. The commercial is one fat girl after another crying about how being fat has kept them from finding love. I don't like it. I don't like the exploitation of insecure women. I suppose I should watch the first episode before I pass judgment, but having to watch women throw themselves at a man makes me angry, uncomfortable and did I mention angry. Ladies, what's so wrong with being single? I know sometimes it can get lonely, but really, is your self-respect and dignity worth it?

Oh, and Annette & Briskey....so I was sitting in class and I looked over to my left and there, sitting down a row and a few seats over from me was Cute Tall Heather!! It could have been someone else, I kinda panicked and didn't look at her again to really see, but I was pretty sure it was her. From what I could see, she was still Cute and Tall, which made me instantly catty and insecure. You know. There are just people who are able to do that and she was always that person for me. But then I remember that she wouldn't watch Waiting for Guffman because it had an 'R' rating and just sat in Floodikins kitchen, while we all watched it and I didn't feel quite so lame! I know. That's a catty statement, but who does that?!!

4 comments:

The Bears said...

Caitlyn was my favorite. If her and Jason could have ever drawn a decent choreographer, they would have rocked this show. They get Shane Sparks and everyone else gets Tabitha and Napoleon??? They are both contemporary dancers and never get to dance it??? Mia says Kupono and Kayla are her favs and then guess who draws her the next week??? I don't buy it! They need to start showing us the hat drawing again or I'm going to cry conspiracy!

Chrislynn said...

I love SYTYCD, too! Last month I saw Twitch in Times Square and almost embarrassed myself with excitement. Sadly, he wasn't dancing, just walking, but still!

I know what you mean about cute tall Heather. I used to have a different nick-name for her that wasn't so nice. It was about how smart she was NOT. Meow!

Brian said...

Hm. I don't remember that time watching "Guffman." Could it be because I WASN'T INVITED? Ugh, how could you? ;)

And how could any of us forget cute tall/amazon Heather. She was always (and is still) so 'meh' for me. Like, I wanted to believe there was something up there but...nope. She really is just cute and tall. And not even cute. I'd think you were hotter ANY DAY.

annette said...

I think what Christmas is trying to say is: How is Cute Dumb Heather???

Hi-larious that she hung out in the kitchen to avoid being corrupted by WAITING FOR GUFFMAN.

She was nice enough and cute enough, but I second Brian's "meh" assessment. Nothing special. Not like my Amander who is one of the funniest people I know. And the hottest. And the most thoughtful. Insecurities be damned!!!

By the way, MLC described that dissection to me that you recently completed and I nearly hurled just hearing about it. We're both very proud of you, Future Nurse! Well done!