Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A long overdue update!! For you Briskey!!

According to Ann-ette's "Blogs I Read" list, I haven't updated my blog for 3 weeks!! That's a long time! A lot has actually happened in those last 3 weeks! Allow me to share a few of the events:

1. My brother and his lovely wife had a little baby boy on the 28th of July. I met him this weekend. He's adorable and tiny and the most mellow baby ever! I was worried that when I held him that I would get the baby pang and start to want to have another one. I am happy to report that did NOT happen and my "no more babies" stance is still holding strong.

2. I finished with my Human Anatomy class on the 31st of July. I ended up getting a 'B'! I was ecstatic about it and Megs congratulated me on surviving the class and doing well by buying me a Funnel Cake Making Kit! I actually REALLY enjoyed the class and I learned an obscene amount of information. My next classes are Microbiology and Nutrition. So now not only will I be afraid to leave the house because of the germs I'll be learning about, I'll also be afraid to eat anything because of the calories!!

3. Gavin is getting so big. He starts 1st grade in a couple of weeks and he has friends and is doing more and more for himself. It's surreal to realize that he's nearly 7. I don't feel any older, but the wrinkles on my forehead beg to differ!!

3a. I had my first real "boy" experience with my son this weekend. We were driving to Salt Lake to visit and he informed me that he had to pee. As we were in the middle of Sardine Canyon and there were no obvious bathrooms and he was REALLY starting to the do the pee-pee dance, I pulled over to the side of the road and he peed in a bush!! I now realize that I have crossed a threshold with Gavin and he is now officially more boy than baby.

4. I have decided that if I knew that broken hearts took this long to heal, I would have avoided the whole situation to begin with!!

5. Briskey--Megs and I have decided that your blog is the highlight of our sad, sad existence. We especially enjoy your severe dislike of Cruz Beckham and Kristen Stewart. And your trying to remember what the African country Namibia was today killed me!! I miss you. Can we please bring back our weekly post-mortems of ANTM?

6. Chrizzie--I LOVE the new hair! I always thought you looked so sassy with the short hair!

7. Ann-ette--I've decided that you and I should write a pamphlet on what to do when you survive Nuclear Winter. I think step one should be "Don't Panic," followed by step two "Don't eat douchebags" I think it would be a valuable public service.

8. Sister--I'm so proud of you! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there before you know it!!

9. Kevin--I know this is random and totally a different medium, but your profile picture on Facebook is priceless!! Please tell me you were a maitre'd in a restaurant and they made you wear the monkey suit!!

3 comments:

Brian said...

Much better. Glad to see you're back, I missed you!

Kevin Doyle said...

I missed reading your stuff, too. I need to update but I got nothin'.

As for the picture, they have this weird tradition in St. Louis among the rich of debutante balls. Even if you're not one of the young women being 'introduced' (debu-tanted?) it's the place to be during the holidays. I was dating a young, rich girl (cut off in the picture on Facebook) and she invited me. I could never get in on my own.

Funny story, though (who - Me? with a story??) A couple of years later I was working at a printing company when this debutante ball was mentioned by the pressman and binders in the shop. They had heard I'd gone a year or two earlier and were intrigued. Then one of them mentioned, 'if you can get us one o' them fancy invites, we can print up a bunch and crash the thang.' I was able to get one (they were fancy and embossed to discourage crashing) and about 16 or so of us turned up at the ball. Hilarious. Three of them looked straight out of ZZ Top. Blue tuxes and all. Once you're in the door, it's all the food and drinks you want and these folks dug in. The rich folk were appalled but what could they do? Fun time.

Q said...

Amanders - I have recently discovered your blog and AM SO THRILLED that you have updated it.

Loves & Misses Quenty