Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm an eukaryote.

School started this week for the kid and myself. He was VERY excited to finally start, although he's a little disappointed in the fact that he only has ONE recess. I had my first Microbiology lab on Monday. I looked at bacteria and amoebas under a microscope--it was actually a lot of fun and I signed up to do a report of Fifth Disease! I learned today in class that smallpox has been eradicated in modern society and as a result if terrorist were ever able to get their hands on a strain of smallpox (stealing it from one of the 2 labs that have it) for chemical warfare, they could fundamentally kill the entire world population--minus those people who are members of the military and have been inoculated. I'm pretty sure that this class is going to turn me into Howard Hughes. Dearest A will you be kind enough to leave me bottles of milk and sandwiches outside my door?!

Kevin, bear with me, this will go somewhere. I don't know if you're familiar with a movie called Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. It stars a young Sarah Jessica Parker as a girl who just wants to dance and her military yes sir no sir father won't let her, eventually he sees that she was born to dance and no longer has a problem with her reaching for her dream. Anyway, there is a part in that movie where SJP and her friend (an even younger Helen Hunt) make copies of a debutante party invitation and give it out to all the unsavories (lady muscle builders *HORROR*) and they all crash and zaniness ensues! When I read your comment, I thought about how YOU were the unsavory!! Also, I'd like an update on the department, too!

Lillith--I didn't get a chance to tell you how cute you and your bump are! I hope he's being kind to you. And congrats on not having to clean up the poo!

Briskey--I know this is late, but I happen to LOVE and ADORE Tim Gunn. He is NOT creepy. And if he weren't gay I would happily marry him. Although, come to think of it, if he weren't gay he'd probably be an ass, so....

Quentie!! I'm glad that you've found me! My mom asked what you were up to the other day. I told her that you were probably harassing Just Jan and wearing womens shoes!

Oh! And is there any polite way to offer a mint to the dude sitting behind you in class who every time he exhales he sends a toxic cloud of awful breath into my nostrils?

5 comments:

The Bears said...

Thanks Amanda. I've hesitated jinxing myself, bu it looks like the fith months the charm and I'm no longer sick. Good luck with bad breath boy. The guy next to me in yoga tonight kept farting. It's really hard to make yourself take deep relaxing breaths, while breathing in toxic fumes.

annette said...

I've always been one phobia away from becoming Howard Hughes, myself. Let us hide away from the world (and germs and diseases) together!

Chrislynn said...

I TOTALLY thought of that movie when I read Kevin's comment, too!

Brian said...

I don't like that my one mention turned into a scolding. You're too much of a mother for me sometimes.

Take out some gum for yourself and offer it to the guy behind you. He (should) get the hint. Of course...it is Logan so....

Q said...

AMANDA! So I did both just last week - and this weekend whilst in Utah I was thinking about you - sorry I couldn't come up to say hello but Grandma's Birthday and a family reunion out in Tooele kept us pretty busy....

You could just leave a mint on his desk everyday...and if that doesn't work a bottle of travel toothpaste might give him the hint