Friday, September 11, 2009

Why don't I have a cool nickname like Bootsy?!!!

It's approaching midnight (when I started writing anyway). I have a case of the can't-sleeps and I've been feeling emotional and pensive for the last couple of days. The combination of the three is NOT a good thing. I've been feeling in a "funk" the last couple of days and not of the George Clinton variety....do you see what I did there....it was a play on funk in the capacity of George Clinton and that he is a "funk" musical artist....I suppose it takes away the cleverness when I point it out and then explain it....moving on....anyway, as I was saying, I've been feeling a sinking malaise the last couple of days and I'm finding it difficult to pull myself out of it. I'm not even completely sure why I'm feeling this way....work is fine, school is going well, the kid is the same as he ever is...although, I tried to teach him to ride his bike without the training wheels on Monday and he was having none of it! He started crying like I was beating him while we were in the front yard and then told me he'd like to stop because he was afraid of being "crumpled" and that he wanted to wait until he was older to learn to ride his bike without the training wheels....I figure when he's ready to learn he'll let me know....but for the life of me I've been feeling wah-wah....I think it probably has to do with the fact that I haven't worked out for a week and I miss the endorphins....that, or I'm moving on the fast path to becoming Miss Havisham!

I read a story of a 79 year old granny who was diagnosed with terminal cancer, but instead of wallowing and feeling sorry for herself, she made herself a "Bucket List" and is kicking Life in the ass...she just finished skydiving. As inspiration, I have decided that I need to make a Bucket List and start checking things off, because, let's face it, I'm not getting any younger and life isn't about living forever, it's about who you meet and the adventures you have! I will NOT be adding skydiving to my list, however, that shit is crazy!

I would just like to take a moment and write a few open letters, if I may, and I can, because it's my blog:

Dear Girls of Utah State--If you stand up and more than an inch and a half of your tummy hangs over the top of your pants, please just buy a bigger size. Don't be shy. Trust me, you'll look thinner and therefore more attractive to the gentlemens...but don't look TOO thin, I read an article the other day about how men view women with "a little meat on their bones" as being friendlier and more attractive.

Also

Dear Extremely White Guy Who Runs Past Me On Campus Everyday As I'm Walking Back To My Car--Please put your shirt back on. It's not THAT hot and your sweaty pectorals unnerve me.

Also

Dear Girl Who Sits Next To Me And Audibly Sighs EVERY 5 Seconds and Then Talks To Her Friend--Listen sweetheart, if this is so boring, and everything Andy is saying is so tedious, LEAVE. You're just angering me, well, you and the dude who keeps kicking my chair and the girl who keeps clicking the top of her pen. Seriously. I realize this information might not be new to you, but the last time I learned about the Golgi Apparatus was like 12 years ago, I'm a little rusty, so shut the hell up or move it along.

Also

Can anybody help me remember how to do fractions?! I had to determine multiple servings for a Nutrition assignment and couldn't remember how it all worked!! Annette has already graciously agreed to teach me metric conversions...by the way, WHY in the world are we still teaching our kids inches and cups?!! I shouldn't, as a grown-up, have to ask my Canadian friend how many mL are in a cup....I feel like my Elementary and Middle School education was sorely lacking in helping me be competitive in the world of maths and sciences!

1 comment:

Q said...

don't fret Manders. Malaise happens to me every few weeks; I drink a bottle of Smirnoff and it all goes away.....wait don't listen to me...I think that may be a cause not solution :)

PS Fractions - EW! And why ARE we still on inches & pounds?? When are we going to put our bit American shorts back on and join the rest of the world?