Sunday, September 20, 2009

...anyone and anything at all that's loved by you

I'm happy to report that the funk has lifted and I am feeling better. I don't like feeling blue, so I'm glad that it's gone. Thanks for the suggestion Quentie, but I think I'll keep my liver vodka-free, I know what it looks like cirrhosis-ized and besides, just the fumes from vodka makes my nose bleed!

I came to the realization the other day that I'm getting "old person" elbows. Do they do botox for elbows?

Thanks for the lovely advice the other day, Annette. Although, I must admit I was slightly distracted by the fact that his name was Ned! Ned? Seriously?!!

I went grocery shopping today (I had run out of 100 calorie pack Pringles and Oscar Meyer deli luncheon meats) and as I was walking my basket to the car I passed a truck that had a sticker on the back window. It read: Happiness Is ___________. The part actually telling me what happiness is was rubbed away, but it instantly reminded me of the song from Good Man Charlie Brown about happiness being two kinds of ice cream and climbing a tree. Then that got me thinking about what I thought happiness is....I spent the better part of the afternoon compiling my list, it is as follows:

Happiness Is....

The first perfect red apple of the season.
Listening to my son read.
Breaking the spine on a new book.
Friends who tell me I'm beautiful and funny and smart, even though I know they're only saying it because they're my friends.
Television.
My raspberry beret.
Pop Music.
Car dancing to aforementioned pop music.
Waking up some place that isn't home.
Road Trips.
Putting my belt on the second notch.
Listening to my son sing when he thinks no one is around.
Learning something new.
Knowing I made a difference.
Hans' Macaroni & Cheese.
Snapple Peach Ice Tea.
Croutons.
Laughing so much my cheeks and stomach hurt.
Sitting in comfortable silence.
Spooning.
Hooooot Choocoolate!
Days off.
Not burning dinner!
Washing my face and taking out my contacts at the end of a long day.
Seeing my friends have successes in their lives.
The feeling of just flossed teeth.
Knowing that regardless of what happened today, tomorrow is new and full of possibilities.

Those are just some of them....there are more....but I thought 250+ Happiness Is would get tedious to you, my gentle readers and friends! So. It's your turn....I'd love you hear what you think happiness is!

4 comments:

Lisa - The WagonMaster said...

Happiness is...
-time spent with people I love
-laughing until my stomach cramps
-A comfy pair of jeans in a size smaller than expected
-pizza of any variety
-an entire day spent in my pajamas
-visiting friends that I haven't seen in a while, and realizing that I still like them! I miss you and Keri every day...

Kevin Doyle said...

Happiness is...
- reading your entries on your blog.

Thanks!

annette said...

Happiness is...

Singing the song "Crappiness is..." during P&P.

I heart YOU!

Q said...

Yay for "crappiness" during P&P :)

don't you remember my beautiful poem i wrote on TJ's wall at Greyskull:

Happiness Is by Quentin Nash Sagers

Happiness is Bullshit.
The End.

You'll be glad to hear that is no longer true - I agree with Kevin - It's reading all of your blog posts (and by all of you I mean You, Kevin, Annette, and Brian!)

XOXO