Saturday, September 26, 2009

Nutella on toast....cut up into two, please!

Let me recreate the conversation I had with my son this morning, as I was making him nutella on toast.

Gavin: Mom. There's something I wanted to talk to you about.
Me: Ok. Go ahead.
Gavin: I want you to know that I love you for you. Not for how pretty you are or how funny you are or how smart you are, I love you just for you. I've wanted to tell you that for three days.
Me: **blink blink** Wow. Thank you!

I mean, what do you say to that?! It's without a doubt, one of the nicest things a boy has ever said to me and it came out of the mouth of my 6 year old son! I then told him that I loved him just for him too, but that he got the extra points because he had said it first!

These are the kinds of moments that make parenthood a little sweeter and that maybe, just maybe, I'm not effing the kid up as much as I think I am!

4 comments:

annette said...

The world is a better place because of that son you're raising. I applaud you, Amander. And I know that little ones have their own personalities and are their own people, but you certainly deserve a lot of credit!

I love you for you, too. Though I also appreciate how pretty, funny and smart you are. That's the icing on the cake. I was going to say "barf cake" but then became worried you would think I was comparing you to barf. I'm not. You're cake. Delicious, delectable cake.

Mmm....cake....

The Bears said...

I love that he wanted to tell you for two days. That means serious business and not just an attempt to get extra Nutella.

Brian said...

I love you for your knockers.

And your "Last Unicorn" shirt.

And for the barf cakes that you make.

Mmm....cake....

Q said...

i teared up a little reading that. That is just the sweetest thing I think I've ever heard.

And I love you for your raspberry beret.