Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stay classy, San Diego!

Some of you have been curious about the location of my recent travel adventure. Hans and I went to sunny San Diego, which is Spanish for Whale's Vagina (see Anchorman!) and although the weather was vastly better than Logan's, it wasn't nearly as sunny as one would hope. I did however enjoy it all the same. In the short time I had, we visited La Jolla, the Gaslamp Quarter, the Harbor, Old Town, went on a Ghost Tour (Hans used an EMF to find a vortex of ghostly energy), spent a ridiculous amount on parking (I mean, $26 for parking....it's a racket!), and ate the most delicious green chili pork mole (I don't know how to add the Spanish accent mark, so when reading it, it's really mole-ay, as opposed to just mole, which the thought of eating a mole makes me want to barf a little!). It was really great to get away, even for only a couple of days. Here are a few photos of my trip....everybody likes to see pictures from other people's trips, right? RIGHT?!


Here is a picture on a walking tour of La Jolla. I enjoy that they don't call La Jolla a city, it's a "Village"! The car traffic isn't very village-y, but Hans did all the driving and she was epic!


Here is a picture of Hans and some seals sunning themselves on a rock in La Jolla. There are A LOT of seals along the coastline and it's actually become a point of contention, since many humans will go down on the beaches and scare the seals away. We didn't go down on the beach, since we could see them from the walkway just fine and they were there first!


Here's a picture of me in front of the Old Town sign. I have decided that I like old timey buildings and towns more than I probably should. I also love the inevitable terrible souvenir shops that accompany them! Who wants a Mexican clay flute with a monkey painted on it?!!

I hope everybody had a good Valentime's day. Christopher made me a delicious dinner and did the dishes and everything. It was beyond lovely. He compromised a bit by only buying me a single red rose, as I hate flowers, but he likes to buy them for me, so look at us communicating and shit...

Work is still going well. I've passed my probationary period and they haven't fired me, so I guess I'm doing something right!

Lillith--if River gets any cuter, I will have to vomit profusely

Ann-ette--Hans and I are planning a Summer of 2013 Dollywood trip....ya interested?!!

Briskey--I used to see Maggiography quite frequently when I worked at the Eccles, but I haven't seen her recently. The last time I saw her, she had cut her platinum blonde locks into a stylish bob and had just gotten back from visiting family in the American Southwest. I marvel that you would ever consider that Maggi would die...she's never going to die....the combination of nicotine, sunbathing and leotards has made her immortal!

1 comment:

annette said...

DOLLYWOOD 2013! HELL YAHHHHH!!!!!!!