Saturday, December 6, 2008

Bah Hum-Tag

For all those folks who use those net Christmas lights to decorate their homes, um, folks, EVERYBODY knows that they're the net Christmas lights...you're not foolin' anybody. Stop being lazy and do it properly.

Speaking of that, we're putting up the Christmas tree this weekend. I don't particularly like Christmas. As I've gotten older the joy has slowly been sucked out of it for me, but since I've got the kid, I try and not be too Bah Humbug about things. He's only receiving one present and a stocking from me for Christmas. The present cost me a pretty penny, so I thought anything else would be excessive. I'm trying to raise him to not be obsessed with material things and to be thankful for everything that he has. I say "no" to him a lot....his grandparents and Hans, however, are a different story all together....

I've been tagged! Briskey tagged me. Chrislynn tagged him before that and it kinda made his day. So here are my answers to the collection of 7 questions....

Seven Things I Can Do:
1. Sew a costume, hem a pair of pants with a locking hem stitch and sew on a button the Woodger Way
2. Make the kid laugh
3. Make a mean bowl of buttered noodles.
4. Choreograph dances for adults dressed as pumpkins or 80s Jazzercise participants
5. Type while having a conversation
6. Sell a ticket
7. Braid my own hair

Seven Things I Can't Do:
1. Bat left-handed
2. Cook instant rice...everybody has a food archnemesis...rice is mine
3. Watch the original Star Wars films without falling asleep
4. Make it out of Ikea without spending too much money
5. Understand computers...not even a little bit
6. Walk home from work without almost getting hit by a car
7. Understand the appeal of Paris Hilton

Seven Things That Attracted Me to Scott:
1. He's a man, not a little boy
2. He makes me feel like the prettiest girl in the room, even when I know I'm not
3. He's manly and can fix things
4. He's unbelievably smart
5. He's funny...he makes me laugh all the time
6. He's respectful
7. He's a good person

Seven Things I Say Often:
1. "I know, right?!"
2. "Why is everything so dumb"
3. "You're killin' me, kid"
4. "Sweet baby Jesus in heaven"
5. Any variation of douchebag...douchiness, douchebaggery, etc.
6. "I will punch you in your face"
7. "Please don't make me count"

People I Admire:
1. Grandma Jeanne & Grandma Joann
2. My mom
3. Hans & Sister
4. Briskey (and not just because he named me, but I really am proud of him for moving to New York and kicking its ass)
5. Keri
6. Michelle Obama
7. All the single moms who are trying to make better lives for themselves & their babies.

Seven Favorite Foods:
1. Cold Cereal
2. Butter Chicken from the SuperStore in Nova Scotia and Basmati Rice
3. Pad Kee Mao
4. Massaman Curry
5. Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
6. Chai Tea
7. Cheese Pizza

No comments: