Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I.E. can suck it....

It appears that my home computer has had a run-in with the infamous "glitch" with Internet Explorer. The virus has completely eliminated all of the execution commands, leaving the computer unable to even start. Thanks for the heads-up Microsoft that your program might allow for the complete annihilation of my computer. Hopefully Daniel, our computer guy can fix it. Otherwise I will have lost pictures of the kid's first day at school, this Halloween and my trip to Italy/Prague. And this will not make me happy.

My mother bought 2 more tins of those damn Dansk butter cookies. One for me and one for the kid. Evidently, the addiction is genetic and I've passed it on to Gavin! Hey, Kevin, wanna come over and share a tin and some spiked hot chocolate?!

Last night we had our staff Christmas party. Stephen's son Benjamin was my date. He's 7 months and it was a joy to go out with a guy who didn't talk non-stop about himself and wasn't expecting me to put out at the end of the date!

I'm curious if dumb people know that they're dumb.

Briskey, I'm sorry about the text break-up. That guy's like school on Saturday--no class.

I've decided that there is nothing better than the feeling of washing your face and brushing your teeth and taking out your contacts and sliding into bed with a book at the end of the day. It's even better when there is an electric blanket to make you feel like a baked potato.

Top Chef is on tonight. I'm very excited--Chef Tom is going to read them the riot-act about their sub-par performances so far...I sense some chefs crying in the womens toilet. Hans and I have decided that although Padma is a pretty lady, we think Gail is prettier.

4 comments:

annette said...

I am enraged on behalf of you and your computer-stored memories! Buy a Mac. Once you go Mac, you never go back.

I've been eating chocolate covered gingerbread cookies. They give me wicked heartburn, but that's what Rolaids are for.

Anonymous said...

so sad for your loss. all those personal things lost to the crappy microshaft ether. sucks! (actually, i have been mentally sending you messages to buy a mac for years, so, now, maybe this will help that along.) join nettie and myself in the light of freedom and joy devoid of bill gates (aka satan!) and his evil minions whose only joy comes from screwing over those of us who just want to save our lives for future perusal.

luv ya, olga! again, sorry about the frag.

Kevin Doyle said...

Two words (well, one hyphenated word, I guess): 'Back-up'.

I've learned the hard way - repeatedly.

Kristiana said...

I don't think dumb people know they're dumb. They usually just blame other people for their dumbness. I don't know; I think I'm pretty dumb sometimes.