Friday, March 5, 2010

Makes me want to barf.

I just finished taking exam #2 for my physiology class. You know how when after you take a test you either have one of three "feelings?" The first is the pumped feeling of having just rocked the shit out of a test. The second is the dread feeling of having just failed a test. And the third is that feeling of uhhhrrrmmm, because you're not sure how you did. I'm at choice number three and it makes me feel like I want to barf.

A very dear and lovely friend just found out that her husband has been cheating on her with someone that he works with, but instead of wallowing and crying and whining, she's handling the whole thing with grace and dignity and keeping her head up. I'm immensely proud of her and in awe of that fact that she's functioning after such a betrayal. He, on the other hand, makes me feel like I want to barf.

I read an article recently about a woman in England who is giving her 15 year old Botox injections. Way to go mom. Way to eff your daughter up so much that she will probably have low self-esteem and self-worth for the rest of her life. That makes me feel like I want to barf.

Annette, you just have to accept that things will be squishy....you can't do that kind of "damage" to your body and expect there for be no consequences! I think you're beautiful and lovely and a stone fox. You do NOT make me feel like I want to barf.

2 comments:

Kevin Doyle said...

re: your friend with the cheating husband... I hope she spends a LOT of time with friends. Doesn't sound like a time to play it strong and be alone. Just a thought.

The Jones' said...

I know this girl here in Burley. She found out her husband was cheating on her with someone he works with. He came home, she met him in the driveway, he rolled down the window, and she punched him in the face. Then she went back inside the house. I thought that was a nice way to deal with things. But your friend's way is probably better...