Sunday, March 29, 2009

The impossible IS possible. IF. YOU'RE. AWESOME!!!

A few observations concerning my life.

1. I have decided that I need to purchase a fringe-laden shirt and wear it whilst grocery shopping.
2. I had no idea there was such a thing as a 12-string guitar.
3. If you have the chance to see Arlo Guthrie live in concert, run, don't walk to the box office to purchase the tickets. His show last night was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I spent two hours laughing and smiling and enjoying myself.
4. In addition to learning to play the guitar (just a normal, average 6 string, a la Bon Jovi not the aforementioned 12 string variety a la Lead Belly), I have decided that I want to be in a band and play the metal shaky egg...I know it probably has an actual name, but metal shaky egg is what I'm calling it and if you've got a problem with that, then maybe you should stop reading my blog.
5. I miss being able to sleep in and take naps.
6. I'm ready for the warm weather to get here. I actually hate the summer and the hot weather, but there's no place that's Autumn year round, and I'm over the snow, so scalding hot Augusts are you here yet?
7. I've decided that as soon as the weather warms up permanently (none of this week of 60s and then a week of 30s and snow) I'm going to cut my hair and donate it to Locks for Love. I have 13 inches of surplus that I'm ready to get rid of and it kinda makes me feel like Jo March and what girl doesn't wanna feel like Jo March once in her life?
8. I've come to the conclusion that a broken heart kinda feels like having a broken rib. On the outside everything looks fine, but sometimes the simple act of breathing is excruciating.
9. Having said that, each day gets a little easier.
10. And finally, I've decided that I'm taking the power back. (And thanks, again, Annette. I printed yours off and it's stuck to the mirror in my bathroom...)

1 comment:

Kristiana said...

I think I am more of a Beth kinda girl...