Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Distant Future. The Year 2000.

I was commanded by Sister to write a new blog, so here it is....I cannot guarantee that it will be exciting or worth-reading...boy, I sure just encouraged you to want to continue reading didn't I?!

First let me begin by congratulating Annette and Mike on the arrival of their little one. I am VERY happy that he finally made an appearance, because frankly, I was starting to worry about poor Annette's mental state. I'd also like it noted that I not only picked the correct gender for said baby, but I also picked the correct date of his birth. That's right, losers, I was awesome and you were ALL lame. See. This is what happens when you Google "which day of the week are most babies born on" and you pick that day. There's nothing Google can't do. I'm convinced that Google is close to creating the cure for cancer, ending the violence in Darfur AND eventually world peace....that's a lot for a search engine, but I have faith.

Speaking of faith, I've been asking the Wax Baby Jesus for a few things--the WBJ is this little cast iron figurine I picked up when I was in Prague last spring...sigh....and whenever I need a little help from the Universe I ask him for things. Anyway, he didn't let me down and I'm feeling happier and more at ease than I have in the last few months. Things are brighter and sunnier...just the way I like them....it's like a Bob Marley song really. I believe he may also take requests, so if anybody needs anything, I'd be happy to pass the request on to the WBJ.

I can't believe that it's May already. 2009 seems to be moving at a break-neck speed. I know I can't be the only one that feels that way. Although, I'm ready for some warmer weather....NOT the 900 degrees I know it's about to become, because Spring does not exist in Logan anymore...but a sunny 70 degrees would be lovely.

I still can't stop eating Cinnamon Toast Eggos and drinking Peach Iced Tea...only Snapple has discontinued their PIT, so now I've moved onto Lipton. I don't know why, but I can't help myself. It's like food crack to me!

Well, friends, I'm going to go. Gavin and I are about to play a game where I chase him around the house until I eventually end up being the "rotten egg" and then he gloats about being the winner and I get aggravated and tell him I'm not going to play with him anymore if he's going to be like that and then he cries because I've somehow hurt his feelings. So, really, just a typical night at our house! Lillith and Annette, look what you have to look forward to!!

1 comment:

The Bears said...

Amanda... you are awesome. Well done. The right day and gender...very impressive. I might have to consult you myself a little later down the road.