Thursday, May 28, 2009

You gotta know when to fold 'em...

Gavin lost his first tooth this weekend! He was unaware that he had lost it until Hans pointed it out to him. We never actually found the tooth. We're not entirely sure where it is, but all signs point to him having swallowed it...whoops! The Tooth Fairy brought him two dollars, irregardless! He was ecstatic. TWO WHOLE DOLLARS!! I, of course, started sobbing when I realized that the kid is growing up and there is nothing I can do to stop it! I hate to admit it, but I have a sinking suspicion that I'm going to be doing that a lot in the future...

I took my final for my Medical Terminology course yesterday. I did pretty well. It was a relief to know that this 30 year-old brain still works and hasn't been turned into some sort of goop after pregnancy, 6 years of motherhood and 6 years of still not sleeping through the night! Now it's on to Human Anatomy & Human Physiology this summer. Gulp!

I am pleased by the return of one of my favorite shows of all time--So You Think You Can Dance!! Right now it's just in the audition phase and I don't have any particular favorites, but the joy this show brings to my life is absolute bliss! I can't wait until Mia Michaels shows up!

And Lisa, welcome to my blog!! And I know EXACTLY what you mean by being a blog-stalker...when I would get bored I used to just random search blogspot to read stranger's blogs...it's kinda amazing the things people will write about themselves...I once stumbled upon one where a conservative Christian woman was writing about how she wasn't in love with her husband anymore, but that she was trying to save her marriage by having sex with the aforementioned husband for 60 days straight and was going to record the day to day processes of trying to fall back in love with her husband. Of course, I can't remember the name of the blog now, so I have no idea if Sexy Boom Boom Time for 2 months saved the marriage or not...sigh...

I read an article the other day that after documenting and studying 66,000 births that men are the weaker sex. Not strength wise, but in general life they're weaker. Men have shorter life spans and are less resistant to stress and infection, making us ladies the winners! So, Double XXs, I tip my lady hat to you...now, would somebody open this jar for me?!!

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

Miss Amanda, I didn't know you had a blog! Hoorah!

Congrats to Gavin...and damn girl, I got a quarter when I lost a tooth, so I dunno but that inflation has seriously hit the Tooth Fairy Kingdom.

Good luck on your schooling!!

(This is Katie Langston, BTW)