Saturday, February 14, 2009

Nothing worth having comes without a fight.

Lillith!! You speak NASCAR?!! Nobody understands me, Lillith, and it brings a little comfort to know there's one other out there who likes to Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, Lets go racin' boys!!

On that note, we're having a Daytona Party tomorrow at my brother's house. We're eating hamburgers and Hebrew National hot dogs (SO good) and delicious bean dip Yessica makes (it's got like 2 sticks of butter in it, but I don't care, arteries clog away) and I'm making my grandma's Chocolate Chip Zucchini cake for the occasion. I have a lot of lovely childhood memories wrapped up in Chocolate Chip Zucchini cake.

Gavin and I often play that his kisses give me "cooties" so when he gives me a big kiss he has christened it a "cootie bomb." Well, recently he's started giving me "cootie bomb trees" that release "coconuts of love."

I'm currently writing to you all while listening to the Mixed Tape CD Scott gave me for Valemtime's Day. The one I sent him was filled with random songs--songs I like, songs that make me smile, songs that remind me of him, but mainly just songs that are my favorite. The one he sent me is filled with 1.1 hours of the sweetest and loveliest and most beautiful songs--all of which remind him of me. I began listening to it and promptly started crying, and couldn't stop. The whole thing, all 17 songs, were perfect.

Sister, I'm proud of you and I love you.

Kevin, I'm sorry to hear people using your blogs against you. I don't quite understand what the person had to gain--it seems ever so slightly junior high--but they're your thoughts & opinions and you should never have to apologize for those.

And Annette, the Mythbusters busted the myth about the penny & the Empire State Building. But, I wonder if there was a group of rugged oil-drillers who were at the ready to detonate the pick-up sized space junk, hmmmm.

4 comments:

Kevin Doyle said...

Thanks, Amanda.

And, might I add, there was nothing offensive or derogatory in what I wrote.

The Bears said...

If Logan and Salt Lake were a little closer I would ditch my Daytona party and crash yours, as my part will be having a noticeable lack of chocolate zuchinni cake.

annette said...

Firstly, Gavin is a hilarious little genius.

Secondly, I have a new rule: whenever someone mentions cookies or cake they have to bring me some. Now get your cute little bum over here with some of that delicious cake!

Brian said...

I'll give you a coconut of love.....