Saturday, February 7, 2009

You picked a fine time to leave me, Loose Wheel

Happiness has returned to the Rockne home in the form of NASCAR. Say what you want. Judge all you like, but watching men drive around in a circle for 3 hours is a strange kind of bliss.

I have to buy Valemtime's for Gavin for his class this weekend. We're not supposed to say who they're to, only that they're from Gavin. And he doesn't need to make a Valemtime's Day box either. This made me a little sad for him. I remember the excitement of making a Valemtime's box when I was his age and getting to use the good glitter.

I asked Scott is he had plans to surprise me for Valemtime's Day, as my room is a mess and I haven't shaved my legs in a while, and I have no intention of cleaning or shaving any time soon if we wasn't planning on making an appearance. He reminded me that I don't believe in Valemtime's Day, which is true--I don't believe in required sentimentality--but irregardless it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to kiss my boyfriend on his face on the day for lovers!

Sometimes I worry that we as women are our own worst enemies.

And Briskey, there is no need to be diplomatic, Annette is 900 times cuter than I ever was pregnant!

2 comments:

The Bears said...

Nascar was blissfull before Jimmy Johnson and Carl Edwards won every single race!

The Bears said...

So of course after I say this, I watch the race which I recorded and somehow my favorite driver wins! Go Kevin Harvick.