Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What do you mean the song is 12 minutes long?

My boyfriend doesn't like pop music. Even after sending him a CD filled to the brim with poppy goodness, he still doesn't like it. I question whether or not I can continue in this relationship. I think we might have to reevaluate our future together if I don't enjoy the 12 hours worth of Iron Maiden that's making its way to me via Regular Post.

Kathy Mattea is performing at the theatre today and tomorrow. Keri & I spent the afternoon singing "18 Wheels & a Dozen Roses." I walked through the theatre while they were sound-checking and Ms. Mattea was wearing sneakers. I'm always fascinated when "famous" people seem "normal."

Due to the sideways nature of today's snow storm, our DirectTV satellite dish was COVERED in the white stuff, making it impossible for us to receive a signal. My mom, always the queen of necessity is the mother of all invention, jury-rigged a pole long enough to make it onto the roof and removed the snow. And not a minute too soon--Gavin started to say he was scared that he would have to go without tv. I think it might be time to reconsider how much television he watches!

And Briskey, I don't want your coconuts of love...I've already pined after a gay man, it's not something I need to do again!

If you please excuse me, I've got a game of tic-tac-toe to play and some subtraction flashcards to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sory to hear about your satellite dilemma. a little tip from someone who has been there - when the weather breaks, get up there (or get someone else to), clean off the dish thoroughly and spray it with a good, even coat of pam, or some other non-stick cooking spray. i have done this since my first dish and it works like a charm. the snow will collect the first time only until it is heavy enough to slide off, then you will be fine from there on out. a little tip from your dish network friend (come to the bright side, 'manda).