Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm never eating beef jerky again....

I survived my first Lab Exam. I think I did ok. I bought myself a pink glittery barrette and decided to imbue it with mystical testing taking skills, so I wore it today. Hopefully, all the imbuing did it's job and I did well!

I also survived my first experience with the cadavers today. We're learning the muscles, so there were two skinned bodies for us to study. One for the posterior side (the back of your body) and one for the anterior side (the front side of your body). Them being skinned helped me a little, as I didn't actually see the person's face, just the muscles underneath. So far my favorite muscle has to be the buccinator...it's the muscle that controls the ability for a trumpet player to play his trumpet. Eventually, I'll need to be able to name the major muscles, where they originate, where they attach on the body and their "job"....I'm pretty sure I'm going to either kick some muscle ass or have a muscle-induced nervous breakdown!

After attending the funeral of our House Manager (she was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer in February) yesterday, I have decided that I am ANTI-funerals. They just seem so cruel and unnecessary. I realize the whole purpose is to provide closure for those left behind, but I fail to see the appeal in making the children, who have just lost their mother, and the husband, who has just lost the love of his life, get up and talk about how great she was. Everybody who knew her knew she was a great woman! Besides, I'm too empathetic....as soon as I see someone crying, I'm gone and I don't particularly like making the ugly cry face in a room full of partial strangers.

I shouldn't like Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott as much as I do. I feel partially guilty about it. I mean, they're just so cute together and you see them and see how in love they are with each other and how "perfect" they seem to fit together....and then you remember that they were both married when they met and that they cheated on their respective spouses to be together....but that doesn't seem to matter because they're just so damn cute together. See. Guilt.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I happen to love Tori and Dean as well. Watching their show makes me laugh because they really do "work well" together. Don't feel guilty. It's not like you're saying you like S Club 7 or anything.

The Bears said...

When I was in LA, I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I looked at this kissing couple in front of me and thought, "Is something wrong with that girls face?" Then I thought, "I think I know her." and then I realized it was a knocked up Tori Spelling with Dean McDermot in tow. My next thought, was the same thought I had every time I ran into a celebrity, "Oh man... Why aren't you Brad Pitt!"