Friday, August 22, 2008

"Dew" you know what this means?!

As you may know from previous thrilling installments in my blog, I walk to work. It's the only time during the course of my day that I'm actually "alone" and I'm kinda snobby about it. Anyway, when I walked out of the house there was a slight nip in the air AND DEW ON THE GROUND!!! DEW ON THE GROUND, YOU GUYS!!! Do you know what this means?!! This is Logan-Speak for "Summer is almost over. Sweater Weather is on its way!" To which I say, "Huzzah"! I'm very ready for Summer to be over. I actually hate the heat. I think Summer loses all its appeal around the same time that you start dreading putting on a swimsuit.

Gavin has his teacher Meet & Greet tonight. I'm sure I'll be required to sit in a tiny Gavin-sized chair while Mrs. Cook elaborates on the finer points of kindergarten for my 5 year old son, who, if it doesn't have kung fu, dinosaurs or dinosaurs doing kung fu, he's not really interested.

So something a little weird....I've realized that every time I go to write a new blog, I have to use the ladies...EVERY time....the same thing happens whenever I talk to my sister, too...was that an overshare?

Last night I had a dream starring my dear friend Annette, Kathryn Moss and some random dude who in my dream we all knew and were friends with....we were in Italy and we were trying to get to Venice, but there was a rail strike and the only way to get there was to take one train at one very specific time, well we got to the train station to buy tickets and I realized I didn't have my purse, so Annette spotted me the money to buy the ticket, but I didn't like the idea of going to Venice without money of my own, so I ran back to the apartment to get my purse, but on my way back to the station I got lost and wandered around the city, but it didn't look like an actual Italian city, it looked like what an Italian city built out of foam core would look like. So I'm trying to find the train station and I realize that I've missed the train to Venice with the others, so I go to a restaurant and shrug my shoulders and eat some blueberry pamcakes. I do really like blueberry pamcakes and dislike Venice, so the ending actually makes total sense to me....the other stuff...not so much...

No comments: