Sunday, August 24, 2008

You know you love me. XOXO.

Well. I come to you, penetent and ashamed. I must take a deep sigh before confessing. *Inhales. Exhales.* I spent the weekend watching Gossip Girl with Hans...and I kinda loved it! I'm not one to be snobby about television, if it's horrible and reality based I will probably watch it. If it has anything to do with dancing, comediennes who say inappropriate things, or Tim Gunn using the phrase "Make it work" I will definitely be watching it. But when I first heard about Gossip Girl, I decided that I was going to refuse to watch it based solely on principle. That it was simply a trashy tv show about rich kids who made sexy time with each other while drunk on shaum-pahn-ya or high on the cocahina. But it recently has been the only bright spot in Hans' life, so I decided that I would watch it with her when she recently procured it from my local Sam's Club. And now, I want to be Blair Waldorf. I know it definitely falls under the "guilty pleasure" category of television viewing, but I'm a little too excited about the new season starting up in September....I want to know if Nate and Serena fell in love or into bed with each other and what happened with Dan and Vanessa and whether or not Chuck became admirable. However, I don't care what happens to Jenny....bitchy social climber....boo! For those of you who haven't watched it, I encourage you to turn off your brain for an hour (or 45ish minutes if you have the DVD or TiVo and don't have to wait for commercial....awesome), and just enjoy. It actually makes me really glad to live in a small town and shop at the Old Navy, because if that's really what high-society is like, I'd be eaten alive!!

Oh, on a side note: Gavin starts school tomorrow. 8am. I'm not quite sure how he's going to take it, as he's a bit of a night owl. It's entirely my fault....I guess that's what I get for doing all those shows while he was in-utero...I was kinda setting him up for it!

No comments: