Wednesday, November 19, 2008

If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it...

A man was leafblowing the leaves in his yard into one gigantic pile as I was walking home from work today. As I got closer, he turned the leafblower off, so he wouldn't be blowing leaves on me as I walked by. I was struck by the gentlemanly act. Then I realized that this is how men are SUPPOSED to act and I decided that he should have offered to wash my car...

My mother bought me a Twilight book mark. In terms of addictions I believe the proper term for her would be an "enabler."

Speaking of addictions....my son finds bizarre things funny. His recent "addiction" is the Beyonce Single Ladies mock music video that was on SNL this past Saturday. We've easily watched it about 15 times and he still finds it hysterical. I think it might have something to do with Justin Timberlake rubbing his bum on Beyonce, but I can't be sure...

I'm saddened that Briskey was so close (a mere 92 miles away in the SLC) and I was unable to see him. Sometimes I miss the carefree days of being able to just go....and eating free pizza whilst karaoking at the Depot.

And no, Annette, you CAN'T put your Christmas decorations up yet. At least wait until after American Thanksgiving. I walked by a house busting with Christmas lights last night. It made me feel sad for Thanksgiving. It gets forgotten on the rush to get to Christmas. Don't we owe it to Thanksgiving to give it the proper respect and eat a huge piece of pumpkin pie accompanied with entirely too much whipped topping?

2 comments:

annette said...

I already celebrated Thanksgiving in October, thank you very much. Now, unless you're willing to get your cute little bum up here to cook me an American turkey, the decorations are going up on Sunday. Maybe. I'm actually not completely sold on the idea, but I'm trying to get the monkey (named Mike) off my back.

I'm re-reading Twilight before seeing the movie on Saturday. Mistake? Perhaps. Delicious? Most definitely!

The Jones' said...

Another group of girls came into the store today to have some Twilight shirts printed. I think I will make one for you and send it your way. I'm going to need your address.

-Brianna