Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Moonlighting strangers, who just met on the waaaaaaay...

Dear friends, thank you for taking a moment, and joining me in mourning the loss of a good friend, Mr. iPod Left Earbud. He had been a kind and loyal companion to Amanda these past 11 months, staying with her through the Elliptical months, joining her on a harrowing attempt to get to Nova Scotia via O'Hare Airport, teaching her helpful Italian phrases she never actually used while flying to Italy and most recently, keeping her company while she walked to work. He began to fall ill in September when the "padding" portion of his Bud started to peel away from the plastic ear portion. He held on for as long as he could, but eventually succumbed to his illness. She will continue to use her iPod earbuds, as the cost to replace them is ridiculous, but the soft squishness of Mr. Left Earbud will be greatly missed. Let us pray.

I think that one of my legs might be longer than the other. I've recently noticed that my pants reach longer on my left leg...on ALL of my pants...I wonder if this is the reason Maggi used to tell me my chane turns were uneven...sigh

We're not celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, we wait and celebrate it as one big family (minus sister as she has to work) on Saturday. So we're having cheese pizza for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. Anybody wanna come over?

I don't have to work tomorrow or Friday. I have every intention of watching Moonlighting on DVD and being lazy in my pajamas. Anybody wanna come over?

I love you, Briskey.

I've decided that a tambourine makes any song happier. And hand claps. I don't want to neglect hand claps in their ability to perk up a song. I've also decided that before I do anything I'm gonna count it off, a la a drummer counting off the beats to a song...

My mother was taking Gavin to see Madagascar 2 today. I'm sure my evening will be filled with "Smile & wave boys" and "I like to move it, move it."

And, Annette, THAT is an awful lot of Skim Milk...please be careful...too much skim milk+nauseous pregnant tummy=barfaroni. I am proud of you...or should I say I'm proud of the fetus, for having such a healthy craving....your Viking cape is in the mail!

Ok. I think I'm gonna go...2, 3, 4...

2 comments:

Kevin Doyle said...

I, too, have had to say a sad farewell to my earbuds this past week. I noticed a buzzing (also in the left one). A sign of age? Hmm. But I was willing to overlook it.

But then, accidentally (perhaps subconsciously) I ran over them with the car. How did they jump out of my jacket pocket? Ipod-a-bud-icide. How cruel to have been used this way by my earbuds. Didn't they know how much I loved them?

And, damn, they're expensive. Not I have a cheap pair of SkullCandy and they don't like sitting in my ears at all, not to mention how much the chord drags and bounces when I jog.

I wonder what I did to deserve this...

Kevin Doyle said...

oh - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!