Friday, November 14, 2008

My work....wife?

So Keri was telling me about this article she read about having a "work spouse"--someone who knows how you like your coffee, the person you complain to about work things and the first person you talk to when you have important office gossip. Well, it occurred to both of us that we're each other's "work spouse." That's right. I'm in a same-sex office marriage. I've now taken to telling her to watch what she says to me or she'll be sleeping on the couch.

It's Friday and I fully intend on not doing anything this weekend.

I read this article about the Women of James Bond. They were arguing that James Bond films are disgustingly mysoginistic and unrealistic in what a modern woman is and does. Now. I am a feminist. I am proud of this fact. I will be a feminist until my dying breath. But. It's a movie kids. It's a movie that has ALWAYS centered on guns and men and blowing shit up. I'm wondering if maybe we can't just enjoy the fact that Mr. Bond is gonna bed some chicks and fire some guns and drink a few martinis in a dapper tuxedo without making it all about whether or not Pussy Galore has pay equality.

I've fallen in love with a blog called Cake Wrecks. They have the most horrendous pictures of professionally decorated cakes...I get such bliss from this blog. It's one of the three blogs I HAVE to visit everyday or I am very sad (Annette's and Briskey's are an interchangeable 1 & 2). I also visit Jezebel.com everyday. It's like an online women's magazine without all of the shit that makes a girl want to slit her wrists. Hans was the one to introduce me to it and it's actually where I learned to love Obama and hate toeless ankle boots.

Wait. I'm going to have to go out this weekend to get milk. Dammit.

No comments: