Thursday, November 20, 2008

To the Birthday Boy

I'd like to take a moment and tell you a story. It's the story of a young man, who, at a USU Theatre Cabaret performed "Over The Moon" from RENT. He was tall and thin and spikey-haired and his feet seemed to be too big for his body. He was baby-faced and energetic. As I sat watching him perform, I thought, "who is this kid?" His name was Brian Bahr and he went on to become one of my dearest and closest friends. Today is his birthday. So I'd like to say, Happy Birthday, Briskey! I'm sure glad that Barb Bahr birthed you. You're still tall and thin and your feet still seem too big for your body, but you make my life brighter on a daily basis and I love you. I hope this birthday is FIERCE (if you could see me, I'm smiling with my eyes)!

No comments: