Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No, I DON'T

I don't believe in marriage. I think it's antiquated and an unnecessary societal pressure. I think the whole idea of needing a piece of paper and an extremely expensive party to admit that your relationship is meaningful is ludicrous. And I'd really like for people to stop asking me if I'm married or engaged or planning on getting married or thinking of getting married or thinking about thinking about getting married. I'm not. I don't. So stop asking.

I'm feeling more optimistic, too, Annette. I don't know. Maybe it's because things are clicking into place on some grand cosmic scale, but I feel like 2009 might be alright. Now. The last time I felt that way, I got knocked up and shortly after my mom got cancer, so perhaps it's safer to view the world as glass half-empty of delicious fiber supplement.

Briskey, congrats on the Gay Truth Booth. Although I didn't agree with all of your advice, I thought you did good, kid! I think every girl needs a gay friend and I'm happy to be able to share mine with Tyra show viewers! And just for the record, your choice for pictures were perfect!

My mom made me trade my acrylic down Ikea comforter for her real down Ikea comforter. Hers was too hot. But hers crinkles when it moves. I'm still lost on how a blanket can crinkle, but it does and it wakes me up. I think I might have to do a takes-back...

Gavin has taken to recreating through pantomime the Subway commercial where people's pants and buttons rip and burst to the tune of the 1812 Overture. I laugh EVERY time he does it!

I never gave a con-blog-ulations to Sister for getting straight A's this past semester...nicely done...way to kick Arabic's ass...now don't you have some hierglyphs to read?!

4 comments:

Kristiana said...

Yes, I do have hieroglyphics to learn this semester....

It never ends!

Thanks for the shout-out!

Brian said...

What didn't you agree with? Sad Face!

annette said...

I blame the legions of marriage-obsessed drones on the Utah environment.

Remember our all girl band "I Don't Need A Man To Validate My Existence"? Perhaps it's time to get a t-shirt made--get these people off your back!

The Bears said...

All my life I hated the color pink. It literally grossed me out. Even during the five years I dated Bear I could not stand it. Then I got married and whala I like pink. Alot. Almost as much as I like sparkles. True story.