Saturday, January 31, 2009

Twenty-Five AWESOME things about me, Amanda

It's Saturday night. Gavin has kicked me out of the family room so he can watch Bull Riding and there's nothing on the television, so I thought I'd give a go at the 25 Random Facts that's been going around. I'm not sure what will follow, as all of you already know pretty much all there is to know, but here goes...

1. I drink a bottle of Snapple Peach Ice Tea almost everyday. Sometimes just the thought of getting to drink it with my dinner is the only thing that will get me through the day.

2. I have a terrible sense of direction. I get it from my father. The only thing that saves me is the fact that Logan is a grid-system. Otherwise I'd be constantly lost.

3. I hate driving. It makes me anxious. It started after Gavin was born. I avoid driving if at all possible. The funny thing is I'm a HORRIBLE passenger. Not being in control makes me almost more anxious.

4. Scott & my's first date was at Ruby Tuesdays and I bought. I figured since he had just ridden his motorbike 700 miles in a torrential downpour the least I could do was buy him a hamburger, and it was the only restaurant still open at 10pm. I still have the Jones Soda bottle cap from the drink I ordered. It's glued to my bathroom mirror. It says "Good news is on the way"

5. I think Team America is one of the funniest movies ever made. I shouldn't think so, and yet, I do.

6. Sometimes late at night, after Gavin has gone to bed, I watch him sleep. This often makes me cry.

7. I used to hate to read as a kid. I just didn't have the patience for it. Now I have to make myself focus on daily tasks instead of reading books.

8. But I can't borrow books from the library. There's just something about the germs and knowing that numerous people have sneezed and coughed and dirty handed all over the books. Gives me the creeps.

9. I regret everyday getting a degree in Theatre.

10. I used to love peanut butter & jelly bagel sandwiches, but I haven't eaten one since I kept a food journal for one of Maggi's movement classes years ago and she told me they were really fattening.

11. I love Sausage Egg McMuffins. But I only allow myself to eat them on a road trip or vacation.

12. Sometimes the bureaucracy of the government confuses me. I don't see how allowing a poor woman the ability to get birth control is going to send America into moral ruin.

13. I actually watched A Very Duggar Wedding. I found myself thinking how quaint and sweet the whole notion of waiting was. Then the father of the bride starting talking about how it's the wife's job to submit to her husband's will and I had to leave the room.

14. I think if you're going to marry someone, you either take his name or you don't--none of this lame hyphenated shit.

15. I'm an emotional eater.

16. I haven't cut my hair in over a year. The last lady who cut it, butchered it and I'm scared to get it cut again. Also, I have a hard time bringing myself to spend the $35 dollars to get it cut. I mean, $35 dollars! Seriously?! Now I'm thinking of just letting it grow and grow and grow until people think I'm either Crystal Gayle or a FLDS wife.

17. One of my favorite sounds is when you can hear an acoustic guitar changing chords.

18. I've found that since deciding what my own idea of God is and not engaging in organized religion I've never been happier, even though a lot of rough things have happened.

19. I've always been the "chubby" sister. Even though I'm an adult, this still makes me feel insecure.

20. I played ninth grade basketball because I thought it would make my father love me more. I was not very good and spent most of the time riding the bench. I now realize that I didn't need to go through all that effort, that my father loved me regardless.

21. I get embarrassed for people who beatbox. Even if they're really "talented" in the art of beatboxing, I can't help myself. I cringe and feel embarrassed for them.

22. When I was younger my dream was to be a hand model on QVC, then I injured both of my ring fingers in tetherball accidents and that was a dream deferred.

23. Everyday at work at 3pm, Keri and I have 3 o'clock Dance Hour where we put on Britney's Womanizer and dance at our desks.

24. I like to eat fish sticks while they're still frozen.

25. I really do believe that everything happens for a reason. I don't think there's some Divine Force that makes bad things happen to good people to test them. I think, just like everything in life, the Universe has checks and balances and it's just the nature of humanity.

1 comment:

annette said...

If you hadn't gotten your degree in Theatre, you and I would have never met.

Call me selfish, but I'm glad you did it.

Also--in response to your previous post, I am doing my Kegel's every day in hopes that I won't have to fear sneezing, laughing and jumping on a trampoline.