Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The people are real. The cases are real. The rulings are final.

I have pinpointed the worst thing about being in a long-distance relationship. It has nothing to do with the actual distance. The worst part is wanting to see your boyfriend so desperately, but you can't afford a plane ticket. You can scrape together a few days and get the time off from your spirit-breaking job. You can even find someone to watch the kid. But your grown-up adult side can't be persuaded by your lonely, love-sick side to put the cost of the ticket on your credit card. Damn fiscal responsibility. My bed feels big and cold and lonely without Scott in it and it sucks.

Good news everyone! My computer is A-OK and all my pictures have survived. Hooray! Thank God for Daniel, who my mom keeps trying to get me to marry; I keep trying to remind her that I already have a boyfriend and he's handy and doesn't make me cry or knock me up, so maybe Megs should marry Daniel. Actually. If anybody reading this is a cute girl, with a good head on her shoulders, who likes men who are painfully socially awkward, a little nerdy, and who wear socks with sandals, please let me know, I have just the guy for you.

Gavin and I have taken to TiVo-ing Judge Judy and then watching it when I get home from work. The past two nights we've eaten delicious perogis and watched Judge Judy give dumb people the what for. Gavin is learning a lot. For example, last night he learned that you don't sass back to Judge Judy and that you NEVER talk when Judge Judy is talking. Good words to live by if you ask me.

I'd just like to take a moment to talk about Gossip Girl. I'm over the whole Rufus & Lily and their illegitimate baby search. Snore. Little J. Snore AND Joan Jett called and she wants her hair back. Serena and Dan. Super Snore. The only reason I watch the show anymore is for the sheer bliss that is Chuck and Blair. All I have to say is that if Uncle Jack does anything to jeopardize Chuck and Blair's tenuous relationship, I will be VERY angry...VERY angry indeed.

Kevin--I'm sorry things are not going well in the department and the University. It's like they were a bunch of grasshoppers that sang all summer and now it's the winter and they're like "Shit man, we're gonna freeze and starve, lets cut some jobs and eff up a lot of people."

Briskey--You don't look anything like a bear. Ridiculous nonsense.

Annette--My suggestion for your baby's name would be to think back to plays or books that had an impact on your life and find a name from those. I think it's important that a kid have a story for his/her name. Like Gavin--Hans picked his name after a character off of the show Angel! After she suggested it, we realized that we'd never met an ugly or dumb or douchey Gavin, so voila, a star was born!! I'm not saying you should name your 9ft tall alien fetus after a sub-par television show, but I think the story is important! Also, congratulations on your 4 year Anniversary with the delightful Mike. I look back fondly on being able to fly to Calgary for your wedding and have a lot of lovely memories of that trip and the look on Mike's face as you walked down the aisle to meet him.

1 comment:

Kevin Doyle said...

thanks, amanda. the latest brain(fart) from the dean - we are now ordered to be The Department of Music and Theatre. Yep, they've taken away our department head position and given it to the new guy in Music who is a great fund-raiser, a nice guy, and completely perplexed with anything that has to do with administration. Our idiot dean said that someone in the theatre 'division' will now have to do all the department head's duties for theatre but report for final decisions to the head of Music. Oh - and not get any money for the effort. Wow - sounds like a real win-win, doesn't it?