Friday, January 23, 2009

Scuff, Squish, Scuff, Squish, Scuff, Squish

It's rainy and slushy and icy and cold here and since the ground is still frozen there's no place for all the water to go, resulting in gigantic bottomless puddles. It was once such puddle that I slipped into this morning. There's something slightly depressing about knowing you're going to be spending the day with one wet sock.

I'm feeling better today. I ate a huge cookie and watched clips of Xanadu on YouTube. It's fundamentally impossible to be upset after the combination of sweets and Olivia Newton-John.

I'm spending all day tomorrow working at the Bridal Faire. It's essentially a room full of wedding vendors, brides, mothers of the bride, mothers of the groom trying to be involved in the planning, friends or sisters of the bride, women who haven't been proposed to yet but are convinced it's going to happen soon and spirit-broken fiances. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get stuck next to some videographer and have the listen to a song by All For One for 8 hours straight.

And Lil, you'd didn't contribute to my bad mood at all, and I appreciate the insight...it's NEVER a good thing to be close-minded about anything, even marriage! And don't stress about the baby stuff--everything will be golden. In the meantime, if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to lend you my kid!

And for you, Kevin, you can suck it!

1 comment:

The Bears said...

Only if he'll say the nothin but my bootay line.